Customize your sound format
To customize the sound format on your Chromecast with Google TV (HD) or Chromecast with Google TV (4K), adjust your advanced sound settings:
- Turn on your Chromecast select your profile at the top right of your TV screen Settings .
- Select Display & Sound Advanced sound settings Surround sound format selection Manual.
- In the section "Supported formats," select the format you want to use.
Control volume with voice, phone, or smart display screen
You can set up your Chromecast Voice Remote to control the volume on your Chromecast instead of your TV, receiver, or soundbar. If you choose this option, you can control the volume in the following ways:
- Voice control on a speaker or smart display
- A phone or tablet with the Google Assistant or Google Home app
- Touchscreen control on a smart display
- The Voice Remote volume button
Important: You might experience unexpected results because of a disparity between the Chromecast volume settings and the volume settings on your TV, receiver or soundbar. For example, if you mute your TV with the remote that came with it and then try to change the volume with your voice, your TV will stay muted.
- To start setup, at the top right of your TV screen, select your profile Settings .
- Select Remotes & Accessories Set up remote buttons Volume control Chromecast.