What you need:
- A Chromecast with Google TV (HD) or Chromecast with Google TV (4K)
- A Google Account
- An active subscription to YouTube TV
Play YouTube TV on Chromecast with Google TV
Note: This feature is only available in the US.
On your Chromecast with Google TV, make sure the Google TV Account is the same one you use for your YouTube TV subscription. Note: YouTube TV is automatically linked to your Google TV, as long as the Google TV Account has an active subscription to YouTube TV.
On Chromecast with Google TV
On your Chromecast with Google TV home screen and in the "Live" tab, you'll find recommendations for YouTube TV content. Select the content you'd like to watch. Note: The "Live" tab will only appear if you have an active YouTube TV subscription.
With voice command
You can ask Google Assistant to play live content. On your Chromecast Voice Remote, press and hold the Google Assistant button and say "Play <channel>." For example, you can say "Play ESPN."
If the Live tab doesn't appear
If you have an active YouTube TV subscription but the "Live" tab isn't showing up, try the troubleshooting steps below:
- Make sure you're using the same Google Account for your YouTube TV subscription and the Google TV Account on your Chromecast with Google TV.
- If they're not the same, you can:
- Change the primary account on your Google TV device.
- Change the YouTube TV subscription to use your primary account.
- Use Google Family Share to link the two accounts. Note: Recommendations on Chromecast will show for the Google TV Account on the Chromecast, not for the purchaser's account of the YouTube TV subscription.