You can choose to make which channels you're subscribed to private or public. By default, all settings are set to private.
- Private: When your subscriptions are set to private, no other users can see what channels you subscribe to. Your account does not show in a channel's Subscribers List, even if you're subscribed.
Note: If you participate in a subscriber-only live chat, other viewers will publicly see you’re subscribed to the channel.
- Public: When your subscriptions are set to public, other users can see what channels you subscribe to. Your subscriptions are listed on your channel homepage. Your account is listed in the Subscribers List for any channel you subscribe to.
Make your channel subscriptions public or private
- Sign in to YouTube on a computer.
- In the top right, click your profile picture .
- Click Settings .
- In the left Menu, select Privacy.
- Turn on or off Keep all my subscriptions private.