Navigation tips to explore YouTube content on your mobile device
Watch videos by chapter
You can navigate videos by selecting different chapters. These chapters break up a video into different sections.
Go to the most replayed parts of a video
When you start seeking, a graph surfaces above the progress bar. The graph above the progress bar lets you find which parts of a video are most often rewatched. If the graph is high, then that part of the video has been replayed often.
The graph may not show above the progress bar for a video if:
- The channel has any active strikes.
- The content is potentially inappropriate.
- Our systems deem in ineligible for other reasons, such as if the video is too new or has too few views.
Precise seeking makes it easy to seek to a specific moment in a video.
Use precise seeking to find a specific moment in a video ft. Lyanna Kea 📌 📺
To use precise seeking
- Click on the screen to see the progress bar appear on screen
- Drag the scrubber (the red dot) up
- You will see a row of thumbnails below the progress bar.
Choosing where to seek:
- Once you see the row of thumbnails, you can drag them or on the scrubber to adjust playback position.
- To start playing from the selected location, click on play button or anywhere above the thumbnails.
- To cancel the seek, click the X button.