You can send your live stream’s viewers to a Premiere to build excitement or send them to another channel’s live stream to help other creators grow.
Once your live stream ends, autoplay will move your viewers to the Premiere or live stream of your choice.
Note: To redirect your viewers to another channel’s live stream, that channel needs to give you permission from YouTube Studio. Learn more.
Redirect your live stream viewers
- Create a live stream.
- Click Edit.
- Click Customization.
- Under “Redirect,” click Add.
- Choose a Premiere or search for another channel’s live stream.
- When your live stream ends, you’ll see a confirmation saying your viewers will be redirected.
Redirect your Premiere viewers
- Go to YouTube Studio.
- From the left, click Videos.
- Under “Where to redirect viewers,” click Select.
- Choose another Premiere or search for another channel’s live stream.
- When your Premiere ends, your viewers will be redirected.
- Go to YouTube Studio.
- From the left, click Settings Community.
Choose from the permissions settings in Channel Settings that can be used to redirect content.
‘Channels I subscribe to can redirect to my content’ - By default, any channel that you’re subscribed to can redirect to your content, unless your channel subscriptions are set to private. Learn how to change your subscriptions to public.
‘Allow any creator to redirect to my content’ - By selecting this setting, any creator can redirect to your content. This setting cannot be used with ‘Channels I subscribe to can redirect to my content’ or the manual redirect list.
'Specific channels can redirect to my content’- Manually add approved channels to the text box that can redirect your content. Up to 100 channels can be added to the list, and can be used with the ‘Channels I subscribe to can redirect to my content’ permissions setting.
- Click Save.
This feature is available to creators sending a redirect that have more than 1,000 subscribers and no Community Guideline strikes.
- Set up your Premiere before setting up your live stream.
- Remember to tell your audience that when the live stream ends, wait for a few seconds for their screens to reload to the Premiere.
- Pin a live chat message on your Premiere watch page that directs viewers to your live stream.
- Allow other Streamers to redirect to your live stream. Learn more.