X Premium is our premium subscription service that elevates quality conversations on the platform.
X Premium is an opt-in, paid subscription that adds a blue checkmark to your account and offers early access to select features, like Edit post. Subscribe now with localized pricing starting at $8/month or $84/year in available countries to get the blue checkmark in addition to early access to features.*
Click here for pricing information.
All X Premium features will be available immediately except the blue checkmark, which will appear on eligible profiles after a review to ensure subscribed accounts meet all eligibility criteria.
We’ve also launched a new service called Verified Organizations, which is a service for businesses, governments and non-profits on X which comes with a gold checkmark, affiliation badges, premium support, impersonation defense and more features for organizations. Learn more about Verified Organizations here.
In addition to the blue checkmark, Premium features offer subscribers a way to enhance and customize their experience. These powerful controls are designed to help personalize your X experience, and give early access to our newest features before they’re available to more people. Share your feedback @Premium.
Premium includes a number of features* to improve your experience, including:
- Edit post: This highly requested feature gives you a 1 hour window to make a limited number of changes to published posts. Use it to make updates, tag someone, or reorder the media you attached. Edit post currently only applies to original posts and Quotes.
- Half ads: See approximately 50% fewer ads in the For You and Following timelines. As you scroll, you will see approximately twice as many organic or non-promoted posts placed in between promoted posts or ads. There may be times when there are more or fewer non-promoted posts between promoted posts. The half ads feature does not apply to promoted content elsewhere on X, including but not limited to ads on profiles, ads in post replies, promoted events in Explore, promoted trends, and promoted accounts to follow. Premium subscribers will have access to this feature after their account has been reviewed for eligibility and the blue checkmark has been applied.
Prioritized rankings in conversations and search: Posts that you interact with will receive a small boost in their ranking. Additionally, your replies will receive a boost that ranks them closer to the top. Subscribers will appear in the Verified tab within other users’ notifications tab which highlights replies, mentions, and engagement from Premium subscribers.
- Longer posts: Want to post more than 280 characters? Longer posts allow subscribers to post up to 25,000 characters. You can also compose longer posts in a Quote or reply. Standard functionality like posting media, creating polls, and using hashtags still apply. Everyone will be able to read longer posts, but only Premium subscribers can create them.
- Text formatting: Now you can bold and italicize text in your posts on x.com.
- Highlight posts: Feature your best posts by Highlighting those posts and they’ll appear on your profile in a dedicated tab.
- Bookmark Folders: Bookmark Folders let subscribers group and organize Bookmarked posts into folders for faster discovery later. Premium allows you an unlimited number of bookmarks and Bookmark Folders which are always private.
- Custom app icons: With Custom App icons, you can change how your X App icon displays on your phone. Choose from several colorful options. Check your settings regularly for new featured looks available for a limited time.
Custom navigation: This feature lets you choose what appears in your navigation bar, so you get quick access to the content and X destinations you care about most. You can select at least 2 and up to 6 items to keep in your bottom navigation bar or restore to default if you change your mind.
Top Articles: Top Articles is a shortcut to the most-shared articles in your network. This feature automatically lists the most-shared articles from people you follow—and people they follow, too—so you can easily find the type of content you want to read.
Reader: Turn long threads into a more beautiful reading experience. We’ve designed Reader to let you enjoy your threads with less noise. Turn the Reader feature on when you tap the reader icon at the top of the thread, or use it to change your text size.
Undo post: Undo post gives you the option to retract a post after you send it, but before it’s visible to others on X. It’s not an edit* button, but a chance to preview and revise your post before it’s posted for the world to see. Once the Undo period is over, the post is viewable to your followers and you can either leave it or delete it, like you normally would on X.
- Longer video upload: Share more content with your followers. Premium subscribers can upload videos up to ~3 hours long and up to 8GB file size (1080p) (on x.com and X for iOS only). Learn more here.
- Themes: Premium Themes let you choose from colorful options for your app theme.
- NFT Profile Pictures: We're adding NFTs as one of several ways to customize your profile so you can show off the NFTs you own in a hex-shaped profile picture on your account. After a temporary connection to your crypto wallet that allows you to set up an NFT as your profile picture, your digital asset displays in a special hexagon shape that identifies you as the owner of that NFT.
- SMS two-factor authentication: As a subscriber, you can add another layer of protection to your account with access to two-factor authentication via SMS. Please note that availability of text message two-factor authentication for Premium may vary by country and carrier.
- Hide your checkmark: As a subscriber, you can choose to hide your checkmark on your account. The checkmark will be hidden on your profile and posts. The checkmark may still appear in some places and some features could still reveal you have an active subscription. Some features may not be available while your checkmark is hidden. We will continue to evolve this feature to make it better for you.
- Create a Community: As a Premium subscriber, you can create a Community to give people a dedicated place to connect, share, and get closer to the discussions you care about most.
- Access to Media Studio: Manage the images and videos you've uploaded to X with studio.x.com. Learn more about Media Studio.
- Access to X Pro: View multiple configurable timelines simultaneously which can refresh in realtime, advanced search, add contributors and admins to your account, and more with X Pro. Learn more about X Pro.
Learn how to use Premium features here.
*Not all features available on all platforms and locations. Premium features may change periodically/from time to time as we keep improving the service.
New subscriptions to Premium are available globally on web, iOS, or Android. Not all features are available on all platforms. We may also impose waiting periods for new accounts in the future at our discretion, and without notice.
X reserves the right without notice to remove your blue checkmark at any time in its sole discretion without offering you a refund, including if you violate our Terms of Service or if your account is suspended.
We’re committed to maintaining integrity of accounts on X and making the platform a place people can join and engage safely. All subscribers will be required to confirm their phone number as part of sign up. Once subscribed, changes to your profile photo, display name, or username (@handle) will result in the loss of the blue checkmark until the account is validated as continuing to meet our requirements, and no further changes will be allowed during this review period. Learn more about checkmark requirements here.
Subscribers who joined for $7.99 on iOS will be notified by Apple that their subscription will be automatically renewed for $11/month or $114.99/year (or your local pricing) unless they choose to cancel their subscription.
Those who initially subscribed on iOS for $2.99 or $4.99/month will need to upgrade their subscription for $8/month or $84/year on web, or $11/month or $114.99/year on iOS (or the local pricing), or lose their subscription.
Previous subscribers should manage their subscription on the platform they subscribed on, in which case they will get the service through the end of their current billing period, or their subscriptions will be canceled with notice.
*Note: For those not upgrading or declining automatic renewal, features will last through the end of their current billing cycle.